25 September 2010

David Foster Wallace On Politics

It's been almost a year since I began Infinite Jest, which I finished in a month, but, if I'm being honest, didn't read as closely as I would have liked.  It was before I began the practice of reading with a pencil in hand, and before I had an even mildly decent understanding of any philosophy or theory that would have helped the reading, although I think even now some of it would still stupefy me (and probably will for the remainder of my life).  But regardless, the novel had a profound impact on me.  My life was getting reorganized in many respects during the reading of this novel, and while it's hard to make the argument that it caused the better changes, it still acts as something of a symbol for those good choices.  But anyway, I just found this and thought I would share it.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment